Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Wine

We had a fantastic wine on Christmas:  Baronne Nadine de Rothschild 2006 Chateau Malmaison Moulis.  My favorite wines are French reds, so my Christmas had to include at least one.  We almost always select wine based on what we are eating.  For Christmas I planned Chateaubriand with mushrooms (so good!), and Caroline at my lovely local wine store, Rick's Wine and Gourmet, recommended this wine.  I learned later it was ranked #84 on Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2009.  The tasting notes recommend holding this wine until after 2012. If what we had was not at its peak then holy smokes I need to get some more of this wine.  I better get a few bottles because I'm not sure I can let it sit for a whole year without touching at least one.

No comments:

Post a Comment