Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon


What a delightful movie!  I'd kind of lost track of animated movies.  There were those years where we had seen all the animated movies--good and bad--innumerable times.  In the interest of watching movies the whole family could all enjoy, animated movies dropped from the list.  Frankly, in the past few years there weren't a whole lot that I even thought I might like to see.  Cars?  A movie about talking cars?  Not if I don't have to.  I fell asleep during Wall-E.  I hear it's great (and picks up in the second half) and maybe I'll finish watching it sometime.  And how many movies about penguins were there?  But lately?  What great movies, especially Up (one of my all-time favorites) and Toy Story 3 (sob!  Andy goes to college!  More about that later...), and I really want to see Tangled.  As for How To Train Your Dragon, I read a good review and tucked it away that I wanted to see it.  The story is simple:  Young Viking Hiccup wants to fight dragons like the rest of his village.  His father, however, doesn't think he has the right stuff, so to speak.  Hiccup, determined to prove him wrong, wings a dragon and from there begins a relationship that changes them all.  It's not complicated, obviously, but it is very funny and heartfelt.  I laughed.  I cried.  The family laughed at me for crying, but I think they enjoyed it just as much as I did.  Don't let this one slip past you.  A real gem for boys and girls, kids and adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment