Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Avatar

I think most everyone has seen this, so I won't say too much.  Just like everyone else, I thought the effects were great.  I really did lose sight of the fact that I was not watching real people.  Unfortunately, there was dialogue such as: 
Look, at first, it was just orders, and then, everything changed. Okay? I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you... with you...
GROAN.  The story was predictable (Pocahontas anyone?), and the dialogue actually hurt to listen to.  But, hey, isn't it good to see Sigourney Weaver working?!  And...and...weren't the effects great?!

1 comment:

  1. I agree...

    The affects were outstanding. Some of the ideas were creative, but really seem to be there to increase some of the effects oppertunities. My son and wife mentioned the Pocahontas theme during the movie, I never thought of it, but it was dead on.

    I could not get that out of my head uring the rest of the movie. very dissappointing with the lack of a creative sorry. Like a dinner with too much going on, you say WOW, but after you eat it, you think, basics should always be the foundation. just like the movie, a story is the foundation. There ar enot many movies you re-watch jsut for the graphics.

    ReplyDelete